Over 100 Websites that Pay You to Refer Friends
One of the easiest ways to make money online is to refer your friends to products that you already use. That’s how most bloggers make a living. And although you need your own site (learn how to start a blog here) to join “official” affiliate programs, there are many programs that offer a referral bonus to anyone. Here are 100+ of these referral programs that pay a commission for every friend you refer!
From cashback shopping portals, to survey sites, to job placement services, every item on this list will pay you to refer friends – anywhere from $0.10 to $5,000! Of course, the programs that pay $5-10 per referral require much less effort on your part than the programs that offer $500+. But if you know the right people, a $500 commission can be very easy to make.
Although they won’t make you a millionaire, many of these services offer a sign-up bonus as well! You can make $175 today – just by signing up for each of the free services offered on this site. Then, you can earn another $100+ for each friend that you get to join these sites. If you know the right people, you can make over $5,000 from referring a single friend.
If you want to visit the sites without being redirected from this list, right click the link and open it in a new tab (or click and hold the link if using a phone).
Before diving into the 100’s of websites, here are a few of my personal favorites:
- Ebates (cashback shopping): Get $10 after making your first purchase, and receive $5 for every person you refer.
- WiseBanyan (easy investing): Get $20 after investing your first dollar, and receive $20 for every person you refer.
- Qapital (automatic savings): Get $5 for signing up and $5 for every referral.
- AirBnB (lodging): Receive $20 for signing up, and $20 for every person you refer.
Now, onto the list.
100+ websites that pay a referral bonus
For ease of filtering, I have divided this list into multiple categories. Generally speaking, the easier (and often lower-paying) referral programs are first on the list – with the higher paying referral programs closer to the end.
Finally, if you realize that I’ve missed one – let me know in the comments section below and I’ll join it through your link!
Cashback shopping referral programs
Whether you make a purchase from Amazon, Target, Walmart, BestBuy, Expedia, or nearly any other site – if you start from one of these shopping portals, you will immediately receive 1%-10%+ back on every purchase. Not only that, but most of these sites offer a sign-up bonus and they all pay you when you refer your friends! Start sharing these sites with your friends to help them save 5-10% on every purchase they make.
Here are some of the most common cashback websites – along with what they offer for referring a friend.
- Ebates – Probably the most popular cashback portal, Ebates offers $5-10 for you and $10 for your friend after making a $25+ purchase through the portal.
- Be Frugal – Be Frugal has the highest bounty for referring a friend offering $15 for you and $10 for your friend after making a $25+ purchase through the portal.
- TopCashback – Another great cashback portal, TopCashback offers $10 for you when a friend joins and earns $10 in cash back.
- GivingAssistant – Personally, I really like Giving Assistant because they provide a meal to a US citizen ever time you make a purchase through one of their links! Plus, they offer $5 for you and $5 for your friend after making a $25+ purchase through the portal.
- ExtraBux – A great site to get your friends to use on a regular basis, although a bit of an older looking site, ExtraBux offers $5 + 5% of friend’s earnings for life! Your friend also receives $5 after making a qualified purchase through the site.
- Mr Rebates – Although not offering a direct sign-up bonus, Mr Rebates offers excellent cashback rates and gives you 20% of your friend’s earnings for life – in addition to providing a $5 sign up bonus for your friend.
- Ibotta – Ibotta is an awesome coupon app that allows you to get cash back for your regular purchases in the store – such as $0.50 for buying bread or a $1.00 for trying a new brand of chips. Savings build up fast and you also earn $5 for every referral while giving your friend $10 when they join through your link. To receive both bonuses, it is essential that you install the app through a referral link (I would love it if you use mine here to start).
- GetPiggy – A cashback app, you can earn $5-25 for referring a friend who installs the app and spends $25 on purchases. Your friend also receives $15 for joining.
- ShopWynk – Is a cashback shopping portal that raises money for a new charity or cause every week! So, when you refer friends here and they shop, not only do you both make money, but a charity benefits as well. You earn 10% of your friend’s lifetime earnings and your friend gets $5 for joining.
- Split.co – Split is an awesome app that allows you to split commissions between you and your friends everytime you recommend a product to them. I’ve written about Split here before, where you can earn $2 for referring a friend and $5 just for signing up.
- Checkout51 – An app that allows you to make money by simply scanning your receipt after every shopping trip. A simple app that can easily add a few dollars into your bank account – they offer a $0.50 referral bonus when a friend downloads the app.
Discount gift card sites with referral bonuses
If you aren’t already buying discount gift cards through these sites, then you’re missing out!
Every year people receives millions of dollars in gift cards that they don’t want. Rather than let them go to waste, they sell them for a discounted rate to these websites – which in turn sell them to you and me for a great price.
From gas cards, to Target gift cards, to gift cards for your favorite restaurants, you can save as much as 30% when you buy your gift cards through these sites.
All three of these sites are virtually the same, but the rates vary depending on the card. Plus, because they each offer a $5 signup bonus and $5 refer a friend bonus, it’s worth joining all of them!
- CardCash – Earn $5 when you refer a friend and they receive $5 for signing up.
- CardPool – Earn $5 when you refer a friend and they receive $5 for signing up.
- Raise – Earn $5 when you refer a friend (they must make a purchase within 30 days) and they receive $5 for signing up.
Survey sites with referral programs
There are a lot of people who make an extra $300-1000 a month by simply filling out surveys! So survey sites are worth exploring in the first place if you need some extra money.
But some of these survey sites will also pay you to refer friends. So, not only can you get paid to take surveys, but you can also get paid to help your friends get paid to take surveys. Confused yet? In short, you get paid for helping your friends make money.
Check out these survey sites if you want to make some extra money – and then refer your friends to earn even more.
- SurveySavvy – SurveySavvy is first on this list for a reason. Not only do they seem to offer the most surveys, but they pay up to $15 per referral AND up to $6 for 2nd tier referrals (the referrals your referrals make).
- PaidViewpoint – This is the only site that offers a signup bonus ($1), but they also provide a decent number of surveys and you earn 20% of your referral’s earnings up to $25.
- LegerWeb – Offers $1 per referral who joins
- Join Hiving – Hiving is an app with a variety of surveys and other earning opportunities – and they pay a $6 bounty per referral.
Rewards sites with referral bonuses
Rewards sites pay users for completing a variety of tasks. Sometimes they are similar to cashback shopping portals and survey sites – but they usually pay you for opening emails, testing products, writing reviews, etc..
Like the cashback sites, many of these sites provide a signup bonus as well – so you can make money just be joining! And then, of course, more when you refer others.
- Swagbucks – Swagbucks is probably the most popular rewards site and you can make money through a plethora of unique tasks and activities – and cash those points out once you reach a $25 minimum (doesn’t take long). Swagbucks pays you 10% of your friend’s earnings and offers a $5 sign up bonus.
- Upromise – This site targets people wanting to save money for college, but anyone can use and cashout the rewards on Upromise. In addition to cashback shopping, you can even connect your credit card at receives extra cashback and specific restaurants. Upromise offers $20 to you and $20 to your friend if they join and make a purchase within 30 days.
- CashCrate – This shopping and rewards site gives you $3 and 30% of your friend’s lifetime earnings – plus your friend receives $1 for signing up.
- InboxDollars – Recommend your friend to this service that pays them to read emails and review projects, and you will earn 10% of their lifetime earnings while they get a $5 sign up bonus.
- MyPoints – This is another fantastic rewards/cashback site that gives an impressive $10 and 10% lifetime earnings for any referral if they spend $20 within 30 days. Plus, your friend gets a $10 bonus for signing up!
- InstaGC – A slightly lower paying site, InstaGC offers $0.10 + 10% of your friend’s lifetime earnings and gives a $0.10 sign up bonus.
- FusionCash – This site can pay out pretty well as you receive $1 if your friend joins, $2 after they complete their first task, and $5 for every payout they receive! Plus, your friend gets $5 just for joining.
- GiftHulk – This rewards site offers up to $6 for referrals and gives your friend $2.50 when they join.
- Bank Roll Bucks – This rewards site offers 25% of your friend’s lifetime earnings.
- Treasure Trooper – Receive 20% of your friends earnings and 5% for 2nd tier referrals. Your friend also receives $1 for joining.
- ClixSense – This site provides a variety of unique ways to earn cash through clicking on ads and reviewing sponsor products. They offer $2 + 10% for every referral who earns at least $5.
- Postloop – If you want to make money for leaving comments and forum posts, then this is the site for you! Not only do you get paid to comment on blogs and forums, but you also earn 10% of anything that your friends make!
- GrabPoints – Grab points is an app that pays you for a variety of tasks. They also offer a $5 referral bonus and a $5 bonus when you sign up if you use a referral code (mine is QVE2LY).
- SliceThePie – Another rewards site, Slice The Pie offers 10% of your friend’s earnings.
- Qmee – This is a unique shopping app that you install on Chrome. It then offers you coupons and discounts when looking for specific products. They provide a $1 referral bonus after your friend’s first cash-out.
- PayYourSelfie – Yes, this is an app that will literally pay you for taking pictures of yourself – every teenage girl’s dream (and yes, I did sign up to test it out). You can earn $0.50 for every person you refer.
- EarningStation – Another rewards site offering 10% of your friend’s lifetime earnings.
- Points2Shop – A rewards and shopping portal, this site offers some a decent referral bonus of $1 plus 15% and gives you a bonus for 2nd and 3rd tier referrals as well.
- UniqueRewards – This rewards portal pays a great referral bonus of $6 plus 10%.
- AppDown – Another site that pays you to download and test apps, AppDown will give you 50% of your referral’s earnings.
- Free Apps Fast – Yet another site paying you to download and test apps – also offers 50% of your referral’s earnings.
- MemoLink – This site provides a lot of surveys, along with a variety of other tasks that you can get paid for. They offer 10% of your friends earnings and provide a $5 sign up bonus.
- PrizeRebel – This rewards site provides you with 20% of your referral’s earnings.
- StuffPoints – This site gives you 15% of your friend’s lifetime earnings.
Shopping sites that give you a bonus for referring friends
The following shopping sites provide a bonus to users who refer friends. Sometimes the bonus is cash, other times it comes in the form of store credit. Either way, I made an effort to find programs that would benefit a wide range of users.
So, whether you already use these sites or not, consider referring your friends here to make a few extra bucks.
- Amazon Prime – If you have a friend who is one of the few remaining Americans without Amazon Prime, refer them and you get a $5 Amazon gift card when they sign up for a free trial.
- Amazon PrimeStudent – Know a college student who could benefit from Amazon Prime Student? For that referral you can earn a $10 Amazon gift card if they sign up for the 6 month free trial.
- Amazon Mobile Shopping – If you don’t have the Amazon mobile app yet, you can receive a $5 Amazon gift card for downloading it and making your first purchase – and another $5 for every friend you refer who does the same.
- Walmart Grocery – Order your groceries online at Walmart and all you have to do is stop by the store to pick them up! Walmart currently offers $10 off your first order to give it a try – and you can make $10 for every friend you refer.
- Boxed.com – This is essentially the online version of Costco. Discounted bulk products shipped straight to your door. Currently you can receive a $15 credit off your first order and also earn $15 for every person you refer.
- Groupon – The famous deals site will provide you with a $10 Groupon gift card if you refer a friend who purchases a Groupon within 72 hours. It’s a tight window, but $10 on Groupon goes a long ways.
- Vimbly – Vimbly is like Groupon, but focused more on dating and experiences. They currently offer new users a $10 credit and you can earn an extra $10 credit for every friend you refer who makes a purchase.
- Delivery.com – Delivery.com allows you to order pick up and delivery from thousands of restaurants around the US. Whether you want a pizza or Chinese food, Delivery.com has you covered. They also offer a $7 credit when you sign up and a $7 credit per referral that makes a purchase.
- SpringRewards – Only available in select cities, SpringRewards is a loyalty rewards program that is connected to your credit card. Rather than showing a unique store card when you enter a store, simply connect your credit card ahead of time and you’ll receie all of the current deals and bonuses. You also receive a $20 credit for joining and $20 credit for each person you refer.
- T-Mobile – Fast becoming my favorite phone provider, T-Mobile offers a lot of great perks for travelers. Additionally, if you refer a friend to the service they give you a free share of stock worth about $50.
- Verizon Wireless – Refer a friend to Verizon’s phone service and they will receive a $50 visa gift card and you will also earn a $25 visa gift card.
- BestMark – BestMark is a mystery shopping service that pays you to review the service provided by restaurants, hotels, stores, car dealerships, and other retail outlets. Not only can you make money shopping, but you also earn $5-20 per referral.
- Efurb – Efurb is an online store that sells almost anything refurbished (with a 1-year warranty) for a discount. From TVs to iPhones to blenders, you can find great deals – often for a better rate than Amazon. Efurb gives you a $10 credit for signing up and $10 credit per referral.
- WePowerShop – The store promises to offer the best price on any purchase, scouring Amazon, Walmart, Home Depot, and a wide range of other stores. They also provide a $5 credit for signing up and a $5 credit per referral.
- ThredUp – ThredUp is an online thrift store (primarily for women – so not much good for me) with great deals on a variety of name-brand products. Another give $10 get $10 program, receive a $10 credit for signing up and $10 when you refer a friend.
- Educents – Educents provides educational books and toys for kids. They offer $10 to new customers and a $1-10 referral bonus when you share them with a friend.
Money sites that offer a referral bonus
The sites on this list are either savings accounts, money transfer sites (think PayPal), or loan sites. Whether apps or websites, these tools will pay you a great little referral bonus when you encourage your friends to give them a shot.
After reading through this list, check out the following section on investment tool referral programs to start earn some serious cash.
- Digit.co – Digit is an app that makes saving easy. Simply connect it to your bank account and they will intelligently transfer a few dollars every couple of days from your checking account to your savings account. Easily track and transfer funds at anytime through the app or a text message. This savings account is taking the US by storm and they currently offer $5 for referring a friend.
- Payoneer – Payoneer is very similar to PayPal – but with better exchange rates. So, if you live outside of the US or travel frequently, this is a great tool to have. They also offer a $25 signup bonus if you join through a link (like mine here) and they pay a $25 referral bonus after your referral receives their first $100.
- Square Cash – This app, which is similar to PayPal, makes it incredibly easy to send and receive money from friends for free! If you use a referral code when you sign up (My code is VHTTMRG) you earn $10 after sending your first $50 to a friend. Meanwhile, you receive $10 for every referral you make.
- Chase Credit Cards – If you have a Chase credit card, follow this link to see if you are eligible for a referral bonus. If you don’t have a Chase card, you can explore some of the most popular cards by clicking on the “Recommended Travel Cards” at the top of this website. Earn anywhere from $25-$50 per friend that you refer who signs up for a credit card.
- Qapital Banking App – This app will schedule small transfers into a savings account to help you save for anything from a vacation to a new home! Simply set a goal and watch yourself reach it. If you download the app through my link you will receive a $5 signup bonus. Then, you can earn $5 for every referral.
- Coinbase – Coinbase is a site that makes it easy to buy and sell Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. When the economy is struggling, Bitcoin seems to do well – so it’s not a bad idea to have some saved up just in case. Get a $10 bonus after purchasing $100 of Bitcoin through my referral link, and earn $10 when someone you refer buys $100 worth of Bitcoin.
- LendKey – Student loans are not fun – or cheap. LendKey helps college graduates refinances their student loans and save thousands in interest payments. If you create an account and refer a friend, you will earn $50 when they are approved for a loan and $200 if they decide to take it out.
- SoFi Student Loan – Another student loan refinancing tool, SoFi will give you $100 if you refinance your loans through their site and give you $100 for every person you refer who refinances their student loans.
- SoFi Personal Loan – Do you know someone who needs to take out a personal loan for some reason? SoFi offers some of the best rates on the market and they offer a $100 bonus to both you and your friend when you refer someone to SoFi.
Investment tools and services that have referral programs
Investing is one of the most important steps to growing your wealth and saving for retirement. Whether you have millions or just a few bucks, investing it today results in being worth far more in the future.
While there are many great investment tools, there are a few that actually pay you when you refer your friends. So, if you know people who love to invest (or need to invest), consider referring them to one of these sites and make a few dollars when they sign up!
- Wise Banyan – Wise Banyan is the first (and only, to my knowledge) fee free robo-advisor. Just set your risk level, and Wise Banyan will invest your money in diversified stocks automatically. Invest as little as $10 and receive $20 to you and $20 to your referral — just for signing up.
- Acorns – If you don’t have much to invest, Acorns is an easy-to-use app that invests your change. In other words, you can start saving for retirement with just a few bucks every month. The service charges a $1/month fee that is waved if you join with a .edu email address and they offer $5 to you and $5 to your referral. To receive (and earn) the bonus – make sure you download the app and sign up through a link (like mine here).
- TradeKing – One of the most affordable and easy to use trading platforms for traditional stock trading, TradeKing offers a $50 bonus to both you and your friend when they join, deposit $3,000, and make 3 trades.
- OptionsHouse – OptionsHouse is another great and affordable investing site. They currently offer a $150 Amazon gift card per referral who invests $1,000. Your friend receives 30 free trades if they invest $5,000
- Firstrade – Firstrade, another common stock trading tool, provides a $50 bonus to you and your friend if they deposit $5,000.
Travel services that give referral bonuses
Travel is certainly fun, but it’s not cheap. However, you can make it a bit cheaper by referring your friends, family, and others to these websites. Then, if they book a stay or trip, you earn a substantial bonus – which can easily turn into free vacations.
- AirBnB – Airbnb has become the go-to place for travel lodging. While many people are already on the site, if you have a friend who hasn’t yet joined, you can earn up to $100 in credit for referring them, while giving them a $35 credit for their first stay.
- Turo – A car sharing site similar to Airbnb, Turo allows users to rent their vehicle to other members when they aren’t driving. The site offers a $25 sign up bonus to try it out and gives you up to $100 in credit for every friend you refer.
- Lyft – Lyft is one of two leading apps that allows anyone to become a taxi driver and provide rides around town. The app offers $10 off your first ride and a $10 credit per friend that you refer.
- Uber – The leading car sharing app, Uber provides a $20 credit to test the app and a $20 credit per referral. You can also make money driving for Uber.
- TheClymb – A Groupon-type site for travel and travel related gear, TheClymb offers $10 in credit to you and your friend after they spend $50.
- BoatSetter – Do you know anyone with a boat they may want to rent out? Refer them to BoatSetter and you can earn a percentage of every sale they make. The site suggests this could be $50+ per rental.
- Marriott Rewards Program – Marriott allows you to build up points for free hotel stays. If you join Marriott you can earn 2,000 points ($20) for each hotel stay you make in the first year. Meanwhile, if you refer your friends and they stay in a Marriott, you earn 10,000 points ($100).
- Vantage Travel Tours – A travel tour company, Vantage allows you to give your friend a $100 credit and then pays you $200 once they take a trip.
- Pavlus – Another travel company, Pavlus offers $250 per referral that goes on a vacation with them.
- OATTravel – OAT provides a $100 credit to anyone you refer to one of their travel packages and offers you $100+ per referral.
- VBT – Another great travel agency, VBT gives the person you refer $100 in credit and offers you $150 in credit after they take their trip.
Career and Job Referral Programs
Businesses often struggle to find the right candidate for the job. If you can help these companies find new hires, you can earn big! Many of these companies pay $500-$5,000 per new hire!
- ReferralMob – A site that allows people to refer their friends to jobs, ReferralMob offers $500-$5,000+ to you when you refer someone who gets a job. Meanwhile, they also give your friend an immediate $1,000 sign on bonus.
- Fastaff – A travel nursing agency, Fastaff will pay you $500-$5,000 to refer nurses for travel job positions.
- Jackson Nurse Professionals – Another travel agency, Jackson offers $500 when you refer a nurse who accepts a 13 week assignment with Jackson.
- Jackson Therapy – In addition to nurses, Jackson pays $500 per referral for a therapist (PT, OT, PTA, OTA, SP) position.
- Staff Pointe MD – Refer a doctor who accepts a position and earn $500.
- TierPM AV/IT Temp – Do you know an AV or IT expert who is looking for a job? This company offers $250-$1,000 per referral who accepts a temp position.
Business Products and Services that Pay for Referrals
From freelancers and bloggers, to large corporations, here are a few services and products that offer a referral bonus when you connect them with customers or users.
- iPage – This is the service that I use to host my website and it’s great! If you are a current customer of iPage (which costs $24 for your first year) you can earn a $35 credit per referral. It doesn’t take much for your hosting to become completely free!
- HubPages – HubPages is a free service that allows you to write articles on anything and get a share of the advertising dollars they earn. I’ve probably made $1,000+ from HubPages – plus you can earn 10% of what anyone you refer makes.
- SEOClerk – This site allows you to buy and sell small gigs or tasks for anywhere from $1 to $1000. If you refer someone to SEOClerk you earn a 10% commission on anything they spend.
- Fiverr – Another task website that offers services starting at $5, by referring a friend you each receive a $5 credit.
- ShareASale – This is an affiliate platform with hundreds of affiliate programs that bloggers can use to make money. They even have their own referral program – paying $1 for every blogger who joins through your link and $200 for every business!
- FlexOffers – Another great affiliate network with hundreds of programs, FlexOffers gives you 5-50% of your referral’s lifetime earnings depending on how much they make.
- Admitad – A third affiliate network with access to many websites (including AliExpress), you can earn $0.75 per blogger/publisher that you refer.
- Cooperatize – This service connects bloggers with potential sponsors. Refer your blogger friends and earn a $20 bonus after they accept their first campaign.
- TeeSpring – This company allows anyone to make and sell t-shirts. If you refer someone who creates and sells a shirt, you make $0.50 per shirt they sell – up to $2,500 per referral.
- Kabbage – Businesses often need short-term loans to grow their business to the next level. Kabbage offers business loans and pays you $200 for referring someone who takes out a loan.
- GetAmbassador – Do you know a business looking to start its own referral program? GetAmbassador is a referral software for stores and businesses that gives $25 per demo and $400 per new customer that you refer.
- BookInABox – This service helps thought leaders, retirees, and anyone else create a book. For $25,000 they interview, write, and market a book under the author’s name. If you know someone who may be interested in buying a book, you can earn $2,000 per referral (and a Tesla if you refer enough people).
- WeFunder – Equity crowdfunding is a new activity that means any business can now raise money from the public. If you know a company looking to raise capital from the public, refer them to WeFunder and earn up to $2,500 per referred business.
There you have it! From small cashback sites to loan and travel companies, there are a plethora of businesses that will pay you anywhere from a few pennies to $5,000+ to refer your friends.
Did we miss any sites? Feel free to share additional items in the comments section and I’ll add them to the article. Meanwhile, don’t hesitate to sign up for a few items on this list and begin referring your own friends. It won’t take long before your next shopping trip (or even vacation) is entirely covered!
About Author Rob
Rob blogs at Money Nomad - where he shares strategies and tips for becoming a remote entrepreneur. When not working on his own projects, Rob writes articles for businesses and thought leaders. You can find him on Twitter @rlerich.